Corporate Laws
4Corporate Litigations
4Labor Laws
  4Sec.138 NI Act & Recovery
4Industrial Disputes Act
4Agreements and Contracts
4Intellectual Property
4Arbitration and Mediation



    Specialized Workers (H1-B, H-4)

    H visas are designed for skilled temporary workers in a specialty occupation to fill vacancies in the United States. Applicants must possess a relevant four-year college degree or equivalent work experience to qualify. Spouses and children on H-4 visas may not work in the U.S.

    In some circumstances, applicants may request a "B1 in Lieu of H" visa, which allows H-1B work on a B1 or B1/B2 visa. 

    Intra-Company Transfers (L-1, L-2)

    L visas are for intra-company transferees who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year, and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S.

    Workers can be petitioned individually or under a blanket petition, and must qualify as either a specialized knowledge professional or an executive/manager.

    L-2 visa holders may work in the U.S. but must have employment authorization from the Department of Homeland Security

Crew Members (C1/D)

C1/D visas are required for pilots, air hosts/hostesses, stewards, seamen or employees on board a ship or crew members traveling to the United States as passengers to join a vessel or aircraft.  

When crew members are transiting for more than 29 days in the U.S. or U.S. waters, they also need to apply for a B1/B2 visa. Crew applicants may apply for both a C1/D and a B1/B2 visa at the same time.

Trainee (H-3)

H-3 visas are for workers going to the U.S. to receive training in any field (other than medical education or training) where the proposed training is not available in the applicant's home country. It is not intended for employment in the U.S. .

Media and Journalists (I)

I visas are for members of the press or media traveling to work in their field while in the U.S. Spouses and children of the principle applicant are also eligible for I visas. 

Extraordinary Ability (O-1, O-2)

O-1 visa are for those with remarkable achievements in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or the motion picture and television field.

Artists, Entertainers and Athletes (P-1, P-2, P-3)

Official and Diplomatic Travel (A, G, C visas)

Religious Worker (R-1, R-2)

R-1 visas are for pursuing paid religious work in the United States. You must have been a member of the same religious denomination as the non-profit religious organization in the U.S. that is sponsoring your petition for at least two years prior to your visa application. 

V, Q and K Visas

B-1/B-2 Visas

The United States offers a ten-year, multiple entry visa for adult applicants. Most applicants applying for a nonimmigrant visas are visitors for business (B1) or tourism (B2). The two categories of visa are usually issued together as a B1/B2 visa.  

"Business" does not mean gainful employment, but it does include a wide range of business-related activities (meetings, trainings, negotiations) for which you are not being paid in the United States. You may also seek medical treatment or travel as a domestic/personal employee. 

Academic Students (F1, F2)

Students planning to pursue degrees in full-time academic programs for bachelors, masters or doctoral programs must obtain F-1 visas.   

Non-Academic Students (M1, M2)

The M-1 visa is for students wishing to pursue non-academic or vocational studies. Typically, these programs are of short duration and lead to  professional or vocational certification rather than an academic degree.

Exchange Visitors (J1, J2)

The J-1 visa is for participants in exchange or trainee programs. Typical J applicants include university professors, researchers, post-doctoral fellows and trainees.  


Trade and commercial relations are the basis of bilateral relations between the U.S. and India. The United States facilitates the visa process for legitimate business travelers through the Business Executive Program (BEP).  

What services does the BEP provide?

  • Access to a priority visa interview appointment calendar
  • Access to a dedicated BEP Helpdesk

Who may join the BEP?

Companies with physical locations in India are eligible for membership. The program is not for companies located in the United States, though many members have locations in both the U.S. and India. To qualify, members must demonstrate a need a significant number of visas per year. Many BEP companies are members of Fortune 1000, S&P 500, or Sensex 100.

The BEP is a nationwide program. If your company is already a BEP member in another consular district, you may be eligible to join in other locations by becoming a secondary member. Subsidiaries of member companies need to apply for their own membership and log in. Email the BEP at your primary membership location for more information.  All members, regardless of location, may schedule appointments anywhere in India.

If your company has previously been invited to join the BEP and you have not responded to our invitation, or if you believe your company is qualified (by virtue of its size, number of business transactions with the U.S., and stability), please email the BEP team in your consular district.


  Corporate Laws
Corporate Litigations
Labor Laws
  Sec. 138 NI Act & Recovery
Industrial Disputes Act
Intellectual Property

  Know Your Rights!!
Divorce Laws
Dowry Laws
  The Domestic Violence Act *
Stay and status quo
Anticipatory and regular bail
Property related issues
Criminal Laws

  Our Practicing Courts
District Courts of Delhi
High Court of Delhi
Supreme Court of India
  District & High Courts of Various States in India

Karvai handles litigations and arbitration matters both at national and internation level. Karvai has a number of clients from United States, UK, Canada and various Gulf Nations. We, at Karvai have successfully completed the legal work assigned to us, both at national and international level.


  DisclaimerPrivacy Policy

© 2013, All Rights Reserved